Sunday, January 29, 2012

Two Really Cool Guys & A Casserole

Tom, Jerry, and Pat Plenda


This makes me so happy!  I happened to be awake very late last night and with a final check of facebook, received the above photo.  What a pleasant surprise! 

This is doubly sweet, as this is from a childhood friend of mine, Stacey Plenda, whom was my VBFF until we moved away when I was 10. (Waaaah!) 
 I have just recently reconnected with her (sooooo happy that I almost cried), and cannot wait to meet up with her again...hopefully, soon!  

Apparently, her lovely Mom follows this blog :)
(Thank you, Mrs. Plenda, I am honored!!)

Naturally, I assumed that Mrs. Plenda had made the casserole, but as it turns out it was Tom (husband) and Jerry (son), whom try to help out in the kitchen as much as possible. 
Way to go guys!!  (We women love that!) 

Here is a note I received from Stacey about the event and the dish:
"They did make it with the brussels (and they were delicious)! My dad added mushrooms, because my mom likes mushrooms with everything, and onions because you have to have onions to give the mushrooms flavor, lol.  It turned out really great and we can't wait to have it again.
 As my brother says "IT WAS GOUDA"!!! 

Thanks again for trying my recipe "guys", and again I am sooooo impressed with your ability, especially in making the Bechamel~ that takes some finesse`!
I believe I will have to think up some more complicated dishes and test your skills further!
That would be fun!

Thanks for sending in your picture and your comments :)

Be Blessed!
oxoxoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment