Friday, August 17, 2012

A Better Basil Pesto

It started with this...

and ended with this...

Fresh, Basil Pesto!

Last year, when I started this little blog, I threw together a Basil Pesto and posted it.  I was reprimanded by someone whom claimed to be an authentic Italian whom smashed my recipe to bits.  She was right to some degree in that I was blending the ingredients far too much and making it too liquidy.
So, this year, I made it differently and like it much better.
I still did NOT use the mortar and pestil however, so forgive me again.  It seems I cannot
bring myself to forego the food processor to get through this much basil!
As it turns out though, this worked just as well :)

Basil Pesto!

12 cups Fresh Picked Basil
1/2 cup Pinenuts
2 cloves Fresh Garlic
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Olive Oil (EVOO optional)
1 cup Fresh Parmesan, Shaved

Wash and dry basil, and within hours of picking, blend in food processor until small bits.  Add remainder of ingredients and blend until smooth.  Taste, add more Sea Salt if needed.

Serving Suggestions:
On Eggs, Omelots, Egg dishes
On Tomato slices
On Toast or Crackers

Mangia Bene!
La Dolce Vita!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment