Saturday, October 13, 2012

Plant Your Garlic This Fall! Now is the Time!


It's a cold, fall Saturday morning here in Michigan and 
I have just gone out to rip up my garden!

I love this part of gardening, as I am able to reminisce about each plant that I helped to nourish and grow and think back to my families enjoyment-as well as mine, and all of the delicious recipes that they inspired! 

Now...however is the time to let the soil re-boot!  Leaving in some of the root vegetables and throwing on top some of the last tomatoes that were left on the vines will help to give some added nutrients to replenish the soil.  

I will also cover the garden with dried leaves and grass to help it over-winter. 
But...I also get to PLANT THE GARLIC!! 

In warmer regions, garlic can be planted in the early spring. But, most experts say that planting in the fall is best and 
gives the roots a good amount of time to grow strong and deep. 

See the best planting and growing guide I have found, here in the link below, 
by Organic Gardening Magazine! 




No comments:

Post a Comment